Contrary to popular knowledge, one can easily add multiple mailing accounts on their outlook to streamline their mailing process. If your enterprise uses a popular internet service provider, chances are that you have more than one operational email accounts. In this post, we shall discuss how to add one such webmail, Road Runner to your outlook. If you use different roadrunner accounts, adding them all to outlook can boost your productivity substantially.
Road Runner Webmail is an emailing service that allows its users to send messages through their home or office computers. Roadrunner is also an internet service provider of the American based telecommunication company called Times Warner Company (TWC). They usually offer three tiers of internet services (lite, standard, turbo) based on the user’s mailbox and data usage needs.
Now that we have some context about Road Runner, let’s get straight to the directions for adding it to outlook:
- Open your Outlook mail desktop app.
- Click on “File” from the top left corner of your screen. Find “Add Account” in the right pane and click on it.
- Now, select “Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types” as RoadRunner needs to be configured manually.
- Choose “Internet E-mail” for the account type. Next, enter your full name and RoadRunner email ID in the first and second empty fields respectively.
- Click the “Account type” drop-down list and select “POP3”.
- Next, for the incoming mail server, type “pop-server.domain.rr.com” and for the outgoing server type “smtp-server.domain.rr.com”. (NOTE: change “domain” to the state abbreviation (‘.ca’ for California or ‘.ny’ for New York) given in your email address.)
- You will now be prompted to enter your RoadRunner username and password in the following fields. If you’re on a secure network, click the “Remember Password” checkbox to save the password.
- Click “Next” to make sure that your roadrunner settings are set up correctly. Click “Close” and then “finish”.
If you’ve made it till here without any hiccups, your roadrunner webmail account should now be added to Outlook!
When you subscribe to Time Warner’s Road Runner Internet service, you will receive an email account and a password to access that account online. The Road Runner service offers you the capability to access your email anytime, from any computer with Internet access, using a browser such as Internet Explorer. Access is as simple as visiting the correct Time Warner Web page, supplying the appropriate account information and logging on to the system.
Click on your Web browsing software such as Internet Explorer to open it. Go to the Road Runner home page by typing the address into the address bar.
Click on the “Mail” link located in the upper right-hand corner of the Web page and type in your email address and password.
Select your language preference as either English or Spanish and click on the “Log In” button to access your email.
Items you will need
- Road Runner email address
- Road Runner account password