Cannabidiol, more commonly known as CBD, has been known as a substance used by people for a variety of health benefits. It can be honed to treat a surfeit of medical conditions. Due to this very reason, the use of CBD products has found it’s place in the current society. It has also become very popularly adopted across nations. Scores of research, treatment procedures, and trials are being held across the globe in regard to CBD and its effectiveness.
As a potential user, who may have diabetes or know of someone who has diabetes. In your quest for answers to find out how to use CBD for diabetes and does it work, this piece of writing may help you make a sound decision.
If you are looking for a natural treatment that aids those struggling with diabetes, CBD is a great option to help ease the various symptoms of diabetes. Helping subside these symptoms can assist in substantially improving the long term health conditions arising from diabetes.
Before all that, here’s a brief glimpse of diabetes.
What is Diabetes and What are its Types?
Diabetes is an umbrella term used to describe any disease that has to do with poor blood glucose absorption rate. It is also categorized into three major types.
- Type 1 Diabetes – In Type 1 Diabetes, the body is unable to create any insulin as a result of the immune system’s attacking pattern on the pancreas (the part responsible for the production of insulin)
- Type 2 Diabetes – Type 2 Diabetes results from poor dietary habits and lifestyle choices. It can also occur as a result of issues in the production of insulin or because the body may not be able to use the insulin that is produced.
- Gestational Diabetes – Gestational Diabetes is a condition that occurs during pregnancy and lasts for the entire pregnancy period. However, if the condition is not taken seriously enough, it could result in the permanency of diabetes.
If you are someone who doesn’t have diabetes, but you are suspicious that you might have it, here are a few symptoms that you could look out for.
- Constantly thirsty
- Feeling extremely hungry even while eating
- Blurry vision
- Frequent urination
- Bruises and cuts healing slowly
- Tingling in the extremities
- Unexpected and Unexplained Weight Loss
If you or anyone you know is going through these symptoms, please get it checked by a medical practitioner and confirm if you may have diabetes. Do this earlier rather than later, as diabetes affects many different organs in the body.
How Does CBD Help Diabetics
- Insulin Resistance – Often at the beginning stage of diabetes, also known as prediabetes, or those going through Type 2 diabetes, the body naturally rejects the insulin that is produced. So the glucose in the blood does not get absorbed. As a result of using CBD that reduces the inflammatory properties in the body, the body doesn’t remain inflamed. Thus, it helps in the acceptance of insulin, and reduces the insulin’s resistance.
- Controlling Appetite – Another symptom that diabetics have is feeling excessively hungry all the time – even when they are eating. Using CBD products can help curb the cravings and control one’s desire to keep feeding themselves constantly.
- Energy Balance – When the sugar that is consumed or produced in the body is not absorbed entirely, it starts accumulating in the bloodstream, resulting in feeling extreme fatigue, and being low on energy! When CBD helps with the absorption of insulin in the body, it automatically increases the energy levels as well.
- Neuropathological Relief – Those going through Type 2 diabetes also succumb to its side-effects, such as neuropathy. This causes nerve damage in most vital organs in the entire body. It is typically found in the nerve endings of hands and feet. They also cause pain, numbness, and feeling a sensation of pins and needles. CBD studies have shown to reduce the amount of pain felt and improve the growth of nerves.
- Skin Complications – Diabetes affects all organs within the body and makes the immune system extremely weak. As a result of this weakness, the effects show up on the largest organ of one’s body as well – the skin. The skin, as it is mostly exposed to the world and environment, easily gets affected and can start developing a number of types of sores, bacterial, and fungal infections. The use of CBD in such cases helps stop the inflammation on the skin’s surface and moisturizes one’s skin.
After confirmation, you might be looking for a natural treatment technique to help with easing the symptoms of diabetes. During the consideration phase, go through the following methods to find yourself the best ways to use CBD for diabetes. All these options help manage diabetes and its symptoms by providing relief in the long run.
Use of CBD for Diabetes can be administered through these ways:
- Tincture Oils
Conclusively, CBD products are best used to handle the symptoms arising from diabetes and provide the much-needed relief that has tremendous health benefits, effects, and longevity of life for the many years ahead.