Delhi is a surprising city with several historic and UNESCO World Heritage sites. Between its narrow streets of Old Delhi, its beautiful and colorful bazaars and its new subway, New Delhi is a city to visit.
When to go to New Delhi?
When is the best time to go to New Delhi? Here are some facts to help you in your decision:
- The most favorable climate-related months in New Delhi are January, February, March, April, October, November and December
- On average, the hottest months are May and June
- New Delhi has drought periods in March, April, May, November and December
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are July and August
About the Delhi and there climate
Located in north central India, New Delhi, unlike other coastal cities such as Bombay or Calcutta, has a tropical climate that divides the year into two distinct seasons. The dry season, which runs from October to May, is characterized by slightly lower temperatures, allowing you to feel comfortable and at the same time favor pleasant climatic conditions.
The wet season results from the influence of the monsoon on the coast of the Arabian Sea. As a result, the climate of New Delhi provides a good time for sightseeing.
Dry season in New Delhi
The dry season is undoubtedly the best time to discover the wonders of India with the complicity of the weather. As with most countries with a tropical climate, like the center of Madagascar , located off Mozambique, rains are rare or absent for half of the year.
In New Delhi, this period runs from October to May. The beautiful sunny days are embellished with comfortable warmth, favorable to the wearing of light clothes, while ensuring an incomparable sensation. From November to March, when temperatures stay below 30 ° C, on average, the weather in New Delhi is just perfect.
Hot and humid season in New Delhi
The wet season also corresponds to the hot season. The heat is felt from the first hours of the day. Morning temperatures are already around 33 ° C. Then over time, the heat becomes uncomfortable, especially as the high humidity increases the feeling of wetness.
The hot and humid season is less conducive to sightseeing in New Delhi, because with the abundance of rain, sunny days are scarce. Moreover, during this period, most Indian localities, like Goa , Kota and even Jaipur in Rajasthan are disadvantaged by the strong heat.
The Climate month by month
- In the month of January the climate is good. The temperature rises to 23 ° C and it rains about 15mm each month.
- From February to March the climate is very good. The record temperature this month is 42 ° and it rains in March 6mm.
- In April the climate is quite good. At noon it averages 38 degrees and it rains about 7% of the time in April.
- From May to august the climate is unfavorable. On average, in the morning it is 28 ° and it rains in August 219mm.
- In September the climate is good. In the early evening, the temperature is on average 34 ° and it rains about 42% of the time in September.
- In the month of October the climate is good. On average, in the morning it is 24 ° C and you can expect 18mm of precipitation / month during this time.
- Between the months of November and December the climate is very good. On average, in the morning it is 14 ° C and it rains about 5mm each month.
You can go with Maharajas Express Train which is the famous luxury train in India