Get airstream rental and hit the road, a lot of people prefer this kind of lifestyle. When you are on a trip, you can easily access fast food. Long road trips are all about having fun and creating memories. You don’t have much time to prepare your meals. However, you can easily prepare delicious food in your rental airstream.
You can accumulate a lot of dirty pans and pots when you have a dishwasher at home. However, when you are in your rental airstream, you have to finish the washing job quickly and bring the airstream back in the order.
Before you start cooking, make sure that you are allowed to cook in a rental airstream. If cooking is allowed, it has to be all about simplicity and ease. The vehicle is designed and equipped to function as a normal kitchen. The following are the two kinds of recipes you can try in your airstream kitchen:
- Recipes that require a single pot
- Leave them and go
You can try recipes that require a single pan or pot. If you want veggies then you can add some spices and stir fry in a stove. An oven is perfect if you choose veggies and meat that you can season and roast together in a single dish.
Leave them and go recipes are for those who have a slow cooker. You have to buy ingredients. You can easily make simple dishes from hearty chilli to chicken soup. Just relax while your slow cooker is doing the job. Your delicious meal will be on your small dining table and you will have to clean one pot only.
Is It Difficult To Cook In An Airstream?
This vehicle is not suitable for intensive cooking. No matter what your preferred cooking style is, there is a range of recipes you can try in your rental airstream.
Keep in mind that you cannot have all of the kitchen items and utensils in the airstream. Make a list of items that you can manage in the vehicle.
Instead of using separate slices for apples, boiled eggs, cheese etc, use a knife. Similarly, instead of using a zester and garlic press, use a grater. Make sure that you are producing the minimum possible heat in the small space if you are traveling to a warmer location.
Want To Try A Recipe?
- Extra virgin olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- Minced garlic cloves – 2
- Chopped, red onion – ½ cup
- Pitted, sliced large kalamata or black olives – 1 can
- Baby spinach leaves, tightly packed – 1 ½ cups
- Halved grape or cherry tomatoes – 1 cup
- Diced sweet red pepper – 1
- Marjoram (dried)- ½ teaspoon
- Large eggs – 9
- Thyme (dried) – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – ½ cup
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Feta cheese (Crumbled) – 1 (4 ounces) package
- Dried basil – 1 teaspoon
- Dried oregano – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese – ¼ cup
- Minced onion (dried) – ½ teaspoon
- Preheat oven.
- Take oil in 10-inch oven-safe skillet
- Put the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and stir in a constant manner until slightly brown
- Add vegetables and constantly stir until softened
- Take a bowl and beat milk and eggs lightly and season together
- Pour the mixture of eggs over vegetables
- Cover and then cook for 10 to 12 minutes over medium-low heat
- Sprinkle with the cheese after removing from heat
- Broil 5 ½” heat after placing the pan in the oven. Partially open the oven door and leave it as is for 2 to 3 minutes.
If you are looking for an airstream rental in California for a long road trip, make sure that you are allowed to cook inside.