The Pune has become famous as a hub for educational institutions in the recent decades. Urbanization is sweeping this metropolis with a special focus on information technology(IT). The relaxed attitude of the city can be surprising at first but is infectious when you get to feel the city up close and personal. if you are visiting Pune, book 5-star hotels in Pune in advance to have a great stay at Pune. Read below facts about Pune to know it better before visit:
• Growth –The rapid growth of Pune is a testament to the fact that a city can possess culturally as well as technologically. a large number of education institutions situated in Pune have propelled it to be one of the fastest growing cities in India. Industries such as manufacturing and information technology have received major boosts in Pune and start-ups have also been encouraged.
• Origins –The name Pune has been derived from the word ‘Punya’ which indicates the convergence of two rivers, namely the Mula and Mutha rivers. Copper plates dating back to as far as 993 AD indicate the existence of an agricultural settlement that later came to be known as Pune.
• Dynasties –The city has changed hands several times to different dynasties. The Mughals and Marathas are the two major empires that have seized control over Pune. The city has also played a part in the course of modern Indian history as the decisive battle of Khadki was fought in Pune. It will forever be connected to the Indian freedom struggle as several popular fighters hailing from Pune played a part in it.
• Stay –Life in Pune is comfortable as well as convenient. The pleasant climate in Pune ensures that elders, as well as children, do not feel heavy discomfort. The city also has been called as the ‘Pensioner’s Paradise’ as a large number of defence people select to be pensioned off in this city. Large settlements where veterans are welcomed have also arisen due to the above fact. Book rooms in Pune to experience the top-notch quality of life in Pune.
• Earthquake –Pune is located about 100 kilometres from Koyna Dam which is a seismically active zone. Locals in Pune may be oblivious to this fact as they have not felt major effects of earthquakes in their lifetime. But, the city has endured some small to moderate intensity earthquakes in the past. Researchers have rated the city in Zone 3 which places the risk of an earthquake in the moderates.
The ever-pleasant weather in Pune makes life in this city much easier. Plan your visit to Pune this year and enjoy the pleasant weather with your friends and family.