Websites have become an integral part of any business marketing strategy. It is often the first interaction a prospective customer will have with your business. However, turning your website into a tool that helps you increases sales and generate leads for your business doesn’t stop when the website is built. In fact, that’s when you really need to have an ongoing website strategy in place to ensure your website is performing at its best.
The Tools Required for Website Maintenance
The first thing you need to do is set up Google Search Console to monitor the health of your website, this includes ensuring that search engines can crawl and index all of your web pages. Beyond that, a number of other tools are required for website maintenance.
Some of these tools includes a setting up automated backups of your website, site downtime alerts, and malware protection. A web design company that provides website maintenance services can help you with all of these. By doing these three thing, you protect the integrity of your website and ensure your website is performing at its best.
Use this Website Maintenance Checklist to Keep Your Site Updated
Moreover, you need to run regular checkups on your website to test each and every facet of it. These checks should be run on a weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual basis.
Weekly Web Maintenance
- Test your website page speed and load time
- Run a malware scan and remove any malware found
- Review your analytics to check your website performance and gain insight into your marketing campaigns
Monthly Web Maintenance
- Check for 404 errors or broken links
- Test your contact forms to ensure its working properly and you’re receiving the form submissions
- Visually inspect your website to ensure it is displaying the way its suppose to
Quarterly Web Maintenance
- Delete old files off your database that’s no longer needed
- Update your testimonials or reviews
Yearly Web Maintenance
- Update the date in your website footer’s copyright
- Update your website content
- Review your marketing strategy
Keeping your website updated plays an important role in helping you make a great impression and gain trust from prospective customers.