You must have heard the popular English idiom, “You can’t have your cake and eat it too”. Well, that’s exactly what millennials want, with their tightly packed schedules and intake of fast food, and the conflicting desire to stay healthy and fit. Upon a closer inspection, what can be extrapolated upon observing trends societal and professional trends, everyone from school kids to working professionals are largely pressed for time, especially when it comes to dedicating some time out to exercise, play a sport or to consume healthy meals, which many consider too elaborate.
Anyone who works in any professional front must admit that they are ‘always in a hurry but never on time”. This ironic phrase rather aptly describes our fast paced society. In pursuit of instant gratification, we often neglect our health. Well, thanks to the universally popular McDonald’s, there is one less internal debate we have to engage in. A recent initiative by the Indian (South and West) branches popular brand witnessed the adoption of new cooking methods –steaming and grilling as an alternative to deep frying – to provide healthier meals to customers.
There are several menu items available in the McDonald’s menu that are grilled or steamed. Some of these delectable items include:
- Veg McMuffin: One of the most widely ordered items in India, the Veg McMuffin comes packed with a mouth-watering grilled spinach and corn patty. Enveloped on both sides by raised flatbread muffin loaves, this is a tasty and healthy way to begin your day.
- McEgg: The McEgg is the very personification of beauty in simplicity. A steamed egg, onions, mayo and spices are encased in a toasted bun, ready for you to gorge upon.
- Dosa Masala Brioche: The iconic dosa is instantly recognizable by the outer casing, but dosa lovers would agree that it’s the masala inside that really makes it tick. Now, you can get that very same original flavour in the form of a burger. What’s more, it comes with a topping of peas and the legendary molagapodi chutney flavoured mayonnaise, and is surrounded by a brioche, a type of special French bread.
- Chicken Maharaja Mac: The classic Indian burger feast for one, the Chicken Maharaja Mac is one of the most widely ordered burgers at McDonald’s India. It is worth noting that the tasty patty of this super famous burger is grilled, and also loaded with vegetables such as tomatoes, onions, lettuce, and jalapenos.
- Sausage McMuffin: The sausage McMuffin, over the few years since its introduction, has steadily gained a cult following, with many McDonald’s regulars swearing by it. It makes sense, because it has a delicious layer of grilled chicken sausage, a steamed egg, and is enclosed by fresh muffin loaves.
- Chicken American Cheese Supreme: A limited edition offering, this American delight is as close as we can come to the legendary Big Mac. Grilled chicken is the mainstay in this epic burger, which is surrounded by several condiments, sauces and herbs.