Drug offenses refer to any kind of crime related to the illegal possession of one or more illegal drugs, either for distribution, sale or personal use. These illegal drugs fall into various categories and sentences for the offense may vary depending on the type of drug, amount of it in possession, your jurisdiction, and other circumstances. If you face charges of manufacturing, possessing, or distributing drugs in Fort Collins, it can have severe consequences for you unless you seek the help of a drug offenses attorney Fort Collins.
Need for a Drug Offences Attorney in Fort Collins
You will need a drug offenses attorney in Fort Collins if you are convicted for any of the below-mentioned drug-related offenses:
- Manufacturing: A person is charged with the offense of drug manufacturing if he is involved in any way in the production process of any illegal drugs. When convicted of the offense, a drug manufacturer may face fines and/or prison time.
- Possession and Delivery: the drug possession law may differ from one state to another depending on the amount and kind of drugs involved. A person who possesses illegal drugs may be charged with just possession or with possession with the intent to sell or distribute.
- Trafficking: according to drug trafficking laws, it is illegal to import, sell and transport illegal drugs like cocaine and marijuana. Drug distribution and trafficking is a more serious offense than just the possession of drugs because it involves transporting a larger amount of drugs. A sentence for drug trafficking when convicted can range from 3 years to life in prison.
- Paraphernalia: drug paraphernalia refers to any equipment that is used to produce, inhale, inject, or conceal drugs illegally. It also refers to any equipment used to conceal or produce drugs.
- Dealing: it refers to the illegal selling of drugs on a small scale. It’s essential to keep in mind that drug dealing laws are different from state to state. The punishment for drug dealing is usually less severe as it involves the selling of illegal drugs by a person in lesser quantities.
If you have been charged with a drug-related crime in Fort Collins, you should access professional help immediately. The penalties for drug offenses can be very severe, including prison time. Contact an experienced drug offenses attorney in Fort Collins in case of kind of drug conviction.