If you have ever managed your home, then it’s likely that you know how difficult it is to sort out problems like a clogged drain. Clogging of a drain happens without your knowledge and any pre-warning. And they can be extremely difficult to fix. That is why the best way out is to prevent this from happening. Now, you must be wondering how to prevent a drain from getting clogged. And is this really possible? Well, the answer is ‘yes.’ This is possible and here are the ways that you can take up to prevent your drain from getting clogged. Have a look-
- One of the major reasons drains get clogged is because we dump waste food materials mindlessly into them. This is something you should totally avoid if you do not want a clogged drain at any cost. Yes, leftovers are going to be there, and you need to dump them somewhere, but your kitchen sink is not the right place to do so. If you have a composting bin, then you can dump certain food particles there to get high-grade compost. As an alternative, you can collect the waste food materials in a bin to be thrown out later.
- Stay away from putting any kind of crazy substance directly into the sinks. It could be the remaining oil in your pan or any other grimy substance- whatever it is; it could make the internal lining of your sink pipes thick, greasy, and grimy because of the oils you throw into them.
- Never wash your hair mindlessly. Make sure the fallen hair that leaves your head with the water doesn’t get inside the bathroom drain. Loose hair can be a nasty thing to remove from pipes. And they are one of the biggest reasons drains get clogged. If your pipes have become blocked because of hair or other organic matter, then you can use acid to decompose it. But acid is corrosive in nature and can cause wearing in the pipes. As an alternative, you can make use of pipe cleaning bacteria. They are easily available in the market and can decompose food matter and other organic substances without causing any harm to the pipes.
- Cement, grout, or joint compound should never be allowed to pass through the sinkholes. They can solidify in their way down and cause clogging.
- You can also make use of a lint capturer in your washing machine to make sure the water that gets drained doesn’t have any drain clogging substance in it.
So, the bottom-line is that there are hundreds of ways to make sure your drains don’t get clogged. But following them religiously is what matters or what helps you get desired results. If you think doing all this is quite a chore or your drain has become clogged despite all your efforts, then hiring a drain cleaning service provider would be the best bet. For services of best drain cleaning Melbourne, you will have to choose a reliable service provider.